Pages

Monday, July 10, 2017

Operation Upside Down: Week 2

My hip and knee won't allow me to grab the pole in the right spot
So, here we go.  The project is underway.  Last week was Week 2 of Operation/Project Get Lori Upside Down.  I started July by joining Janet's Bottoms Up class at Twirly Girls.  I really have so many things to work on. 

1.  My fear.  Of falling and of failing.  Right now, my own head is the biggest thing holding me back.  Literally.  I need to throw that thing backwards and just let my body follow. 

2.  I need to get stronger.  Ellen suggested pilates to help strengthen those abs so I am doing that two mornings a week. 

3.  I need to get more flexible.  My hips and knees always seem to be in the wrong places.  I am back into my amazing yoga class 2-3 times per week, as well as doing some morning exercises each day. 

So, here is a video of Janet attempting to get me to helicopter backwards.  I kept grabbing the pole with my toes.  Eventually I did make it kinda backwards and kinda 'coptered.  It's a work in progress.  I mean, that's the point, right? 




I think this will be my move to measure my progress for now.  She did get me into a straighter leg version but I just can't yet get my hips up over my head to let my head and body drop back far enough.  You can see that below.  Again: Work in progress. 



Oh yeah, and if you like my outfit, check out Artista Apparel.  Use ABALM10 for 10% off any non-sale items!

Thank you to Janet for being so patient with me!  I may be your most challenging student ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment